...................music.......color.......movies.......life.......whatnot...................

it's been a hard clay's night

31 January 2009

Two of Us




These items were designed my hands while I was employed by She Beads  a fine jewelry company. How I miss that job. Anyway, these were custom ordered by clients. One is a Pink Ribbon for Breast Cancer Awareness theme; the other, a fall, masculine color theme. These salt and pepper shakers are woodbased. I want to say walnut? but I honestly can't remember.


They are very intricate and labor intensive.
The company has a wonderful cane maker and I aspire to work so intricately. As patient as I can be, its hard for me to get too involved, usually because I don't have enough clay to supply working very large. Working or starting large, facilitates greater detail and usually a more visually interesting design.

1 comment:

hoff said...

dude, the first set is neat, but that second set is amazing!